The Wilson Scholars Program, Appalachian's premier scholarship program, embodies the true Appalachian spirit: a rich blend of academic excellence, leadership, and service. This scholarship program attracts truly passionate individuals, instills in them a commitment to change the world, and provides the resources for students to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively.
Wilson Scholars are the type of students who
- have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership in your school and community
- were ranked in the top of their graduating high school class
- seek out and embrace opportunities to enrich their educational experiences
- pursue and excel in the most rigorous curriculum available
- are eager and prepared to make a significant impact on the Appalachian community
Established in 2013 with a generous gift by 1975 Appalachian alumni, Carole and Brad Wilson, the program welcomed its inaugural class in the fall of 2014. Students represent a variety of majors and disciplines – from business and science, to the arts and humanities.